- Minimum support price to paddy farmers & procurement in every panchayat level at government announced prices.
- BPL list must be revised immediately so as not to omit any poor person from government benefits under different schemes.
- Non Timber Forest Produce policy be declared immediately for the larger interest of the forest dwellers.
- A policy intervention to safeguard the rights of the migrants is necessary as the district exports labour in large numbers. Therefore it is suggested that identity card for migrants so as to claim labour laws’s benefit. This will end exploitation of labour at the hands of middlmen.
- Special agricultural zone for promotion & marketing of Onion & Tamato which is plentily produced in the region.
- Railway lines not only improve communication but also employment opportunities for the people. Therefore the people demand that i.) Immediate completion of Lanjigarh- Junagarh railway line which incidentally connects the district headquarters ii. ) Early completion of survey of Kantabanji- Nabrangpur railway line & early commencement of the work so that tribals of the remote areas will benefit immensely iii) Introduction of a new Railway line between Bargarh to Nuapada to reduce the Bhubaneswar – Mumbai distance. Iv) Electronic Reservation System (computerized booking counter) should be established in all block head quarter to increase people’s access to railways.
- Improvement of the conditions of all state highways to & major roads connecting all blocks. This is very important for development of the area as public transports are shying away from such routes. With improved connectivity farmers will have enhanced access to markets.
WOMEN & HEALTH:
- Special anemia reduction programmes, particularly for women & girls as many women are anemic & end up in mortality especially during childbirth. One mega health camp in each block head quarter should be organized out of MP lad fund every year.
- Opening of a national university in the district as no national institutes are located in this constituency. The key objective is to promote education amongst women as women literacy is very low.
- MP’s LAD should not be the monopoly of the MP alone & should follow a transparent system of allotment. Each village must be allowed to submit a proposal under MP LAD scheme & people’s committee (with representation from all sections) should be the final authority in selection of the best projects out of the list for assistance.
- All government offices should display the citizen charter in their premises to create awareness about people’s rights. A policy to involve civil society organization to promote right based advocacy for people by encouraging & supporting social audits, research & surveys from time to time.
Entry filed under: All Charters.