- The health facilities should be improved by having more hospitals in the rural & scattered pockets. Since the district has high MMR & IMR, community based health service providers should be trained & encouraged to fight vacancy in the ranks of government health workers.
- Malkangiri district should have railway connectivity to speed up development & free it from influence of Naxalites. Connecting Jeypore to Koraput should be the top priority.
- Piped water supply to all the houses for sanitation & also reduce labor of women.
- Electricity to all the villages.
- Agro based industry should be promoted which won’t damage the environment but provide employment to the people.
Social development :
- Liquor should banned in the constituency with pre dominant tribal population. This will reduce violence within the family.
- Special programmes to increase women literacy. Day care centres should be opened in tribal pockets so that children from poor families are able to stay there for a day & get nutritious food as well as education.
- Enact mechanism to provide employment to local people in the industries of the constituency. Train & build the capacities of local people to access employment as skilled labour.
- SHGs should be involved in distribution of Public Distribution System to check corruption.
- There is corruption in payment of NREGA wages & hence many are deprived of mandatory employment. More civil society participation in its implementation & effective grievance redresal mechanism in district level for timely remedy. Laws for summary trial & exemplary punishment to corrupt officials.
- Socially bent officials should be posted in key posts to restore people’s rights so that Naxals’s influence is minimized.
- Special capacity building programmes for lady PRI representatives to avoid domination by their spouses.
Entry filed under: All Charters.