- Ensure children’s right to participation by promoting small-sized neighbourhood parliaments of children and their multi-tier federation which can serve as an effective citizenship training in practice.
- Ensure child-tracking system in each panchayat to protect children from child labour and child trafficking, and a child safety net thorugh the above-mentioned neighbourhood parliaments of children anmd their multi-tier federations.
- Ensure free compulsory education for all below 18 years of age.
- Ensure one special session of the gram sabha every year on child-friendly issues.
- Ensure commonization of syllabus in all the schools to avoid disparity in education
- Ensure basic facilities and equitable student-teacher ratio in all the schools.
- Ensure wider participation of people and effective and effective and meaningful discussions in gram sabhas by making it a three-tier federation ie. (1) Neighbourhood Sabhas, (2) Village Sabhas (Ward Sabhas) and (3) panchayat gram sabhas.
- Ensure that nine percent of the budget expenditure is for the education and health of children.
- Ensure complaint boxes in schools.
- Ensure a child safety net sathat liquor shops do not operate in the vicinity of the schools.
Entry filed under: All Charters.